Johnson Daylight Natural 35 Window Film
This Johnson Daylight Natural 35 window film installation in Exeter was an unusual 90″ fan-light window with a 45″ radius. The main aim of this install was to reduce the glare whilst maintaining the natural appearance of the glass and wonderful views across the Exe.
Whilst a normal square or rectangular window is straightforward a fan-light is much more technical, if there is too much excess film to trim it would cause the window film to fold over and crease. With some careful measuring we were able to use a wooden measure to recreate the 45″ radius off-site, mark the film on a cutting table and cut the radius beforehand. Once on-site it was then a fairly straightforward job of installing the film as normal.
The Daylight Natural (DN35) window film will provide approx 58% glare reduction and 45% total solar energy rejection.
- Sputtered metal construction – neutral color shades that will not fade
- Low reflectivity – provides a natural exterior view
- High heat rejection – helps to lower energy costs and provides a more comfortable home or office experience
- Cuts down glare – reduces eye strain and cuts unwanted glare on computer and TV screens
- Blocks 99% or more of harmful UV rays – minimizes UV health risks to skin and eyes and reduces interior fading of furniture, wood floors, rugs and paintings
- CST™ scratch resistant hardcoat – long lasting durability, protection and clarity
- Backed by Johnson Window Films’ comprehensive manufacturer’s warranty program
- Also available in exterior film
Here are a few photos of the installation including the exterior view. Johnson Daylight Natural 35 is barely noticeable from outside – the right hand arched window has the window film installed making the curtains darker than the next door property.